Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On-the-Go Bag

Hey, so when you're on the go you need to be well equipped, no? Yes. I'm known for always carrying a huge bag with me. Big and Proud haha. Anyway, since being a parent now means being a frugal shopper, I just went to a thrift store and got a big bag that I could use as my "diaper bag." Lo and behold I find a "Mary Poppins" looking bag and BAM I'm set. So here's what my luggage contains: (I like using these bullet points lol if you haven't noticed)

  • Wallet
  • Phone
  • Keys
  • Extra pacifier (I just put it in a snack size Ziploc bag)
  • 4 or 5 small bags (these bags you can also get at the thrift store or even the dollar store)
Each bag:
    • One for diapers, ointment, wipes carrying case and a disposable changing pad thingy lol
    • One for snacks or food. I like this one for snacks.
    • Another one for toys (a variety of toys to choose from)
    • One for extra clothes just in case of a poop or pee accident (change occasionally according to your growing toddler and changing weather). For example, I have a thin sweater, long sleeve onesie, pants and bib, oh yea a a small plastic bag to put the dirty clothes in.
    • And one with a pocket for an ice pack for the sippy cup.

Now that it's getting cold outside I keep an extra blanket in the car. I also have a travel size pillow for when my little big-diva falls asleep in her car seat.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know. Thanks for the idea! I never separated thing in small bags, but i sometimes find myself walking out for a diaper change with a huge bag. Anyway, my son has never been much of a picky eater until recently. I just had a new baby and now he's been eating less or just pick at stuff he likes. I've tried setting the food aside and tring to give it to him again later. But lately i feel like i'm just giving him a bunch of food and he'll pick at what he likes at the moment. He does like milkshakes also, so thats good. And then my husband comes home and gives him junk food like cookies and stuff o_o
    Anyway, I would like to hear your opinion on how to discipline a 18 mth old. Time out doesn't work well at this age. And i could say NO but two seconds later he'll forget why he got in trouble in the first place. Oh and when we take him to church, it's not easy to keep him quiet. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for commenting! Yeah trust me, separating things is just going to make it easier on you (and we all know moms need things made easier). So about your first born. There's only 2 things I can think of. Your son is probably feeling the pain of not being Mr. Baby of the house. He's letting you know that he wants your attention. The other thing I can think of is that he's just going through a toddler phase. At this age they just want to explore; there's no time for eating! lol Then again he's growing and doesn't eat as often as he use to. Just keep offering if you noticed he's really not eating. You can also just follow your schedule, if you have one and eventually he'll turn back to it. For example, when my princess wakes up she has her "on-the-go" cereal then two hours later she'll have a small snack (I mean small or she won't eat lunch). Two hours later is lunch (which she doesn't eat much of, but its usually the same thing) Toddlers like predictability, it helps them be sure of things. Then it's milk and nap. A half an hour after waking up she'll have another snack. Then dinner, then a cookie or something and milk for bedtime. Make sure that your little one is active so he burns some of that food.
    Sorry I talk a lot don't I? lol Discipline is an interesting subject because every toddler is different. I haven't done time out yet because I'm not sure that my little one will understand it. And no isn't effective unless I yell it in a mean voice then she knows I'm serious.
    I'll blog about that in a few. Excuse me for a moment...

    ReplyDelete