Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fruits & Veggies

Every time I read something about helping your picky toddler eat the right foods, I just say that my daughter will just stare and most likely throw it on the floor. Here are some veggies and fruits that you might want to try and give your child if your not to sure on what they might like:

  • Peaches
  • Strawberries
  • Figs
  • Apples
  • Tomatoes
  • Blackberries
  • Raspberries
  • Cherries (take out the pit, of course)
  • Melons
  • Blueberries
  • Beets
  • Cucumbers
  • Squash
  • Carrots
  • Corn
  • Peas
  • Sting Beans
  • Beans (in general)
  • Broccoli (maybe with some melted cheese)
  • Mango
    • We all know fresh fruit is best, but if you're going to feed your tot fruit from a can just make sure that it doesn't have extra sugar or some type of added syrup.
      • Please, please remember that you must always supervise your child while they try new foods and just in general when they're eating. You never know..
I didn't add potatoes or bananas because I'm assuming your child imaginably prefers that anyway. I know that's all my girl will eat in the veggie and fruit department (especially if it's fried). Don't worry about the fried stuff, I learned that my little one isn't the only one, so it's nice to know that it's normal. You should know that this "pickiness" will last a while. They're just trying to mold their likes and dislikes. Something my dad has always said to me, since I've become a mom (of a picky eater) just be creative. That also means try whatever you can. For example, for my daughter to start eating fruit I chose banana because it's feasibly the easiest fruit (just peel with your hands and give). Then the problem was that she didn't want to even try the banana. Oh man! So since my baby girl is a huge fan of ice, I decided to freeze the banana on a plastic popsicle stick and give it to her like a Popsicle. And can you believe that she LOVED it? Now she eats it when I just simply cut it up and put it on her plate. But this time she'll only eat it with her little fork. She loves that. :) I'm glad that it's also helping her learn how to use a fork. Let me know some of your creative stories I would love to read and use them myself :)
XOXO  (coffee making time, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment