Monday, October 10, 2011

Conquering the Pickiness

Hey just wanted to let you guys know some tricks I've made up to conquer my daughter's pickiness. So for breakfast she sometimes doesn't want to sit and eat. Therefore in a sippy cup, that has a wide straw, I just add her cereal (baby cereal) with milk and yogurt. Then I just mix it around and boom there's breakfast for my little runaway.
She loves to eat her foods with her spoon or fork too. When she doesn't want to eat her lunch or dinner (that is just finger food) I just give her the special utensils and magic! She begins to eat. Not everything of course. I mean why would a full blown miracle happen at dinnertime?right? lol But it's better than nothing.
Also for those of you wondering about bottle feeding. I've found what works well for me was that when my toddler was a baby just a few months ago :) I began giving her a sippy cup with a straw (because she didn't know that you had to lift the other ones up for liquid to come out). That sippy cup had water and her bottle had milk. She began to understand that there was a difference. When she wanted water she'd reach for the sippy cup and vise versa. Also I've cut down on the milk because she was drinking too much of it and not eating her food. Oh and snacks as well, that used to be her meals lol. I was just telling @tutu_tuesdays that I read somewhere that at this age 16oz of milk a day was good enough. But then again I'm not a doctor so do what you think is best. So milk is for nap and bedtime. That has worked very well for me. Soon I have to give up the bottle completely. I'll let you know how that goes.
Oh another thing! My girl loves milkshakes. And who doesn't? I put a banana and some strawberries and milk in the blender and voila! There's a satisfying snack. No sugar though, fruit is already sweet and added sugar is not all that healthy. Then again who am I to talk about healthy when I'm always drinking coffee and craving sweet things (no I'm not prego probably PMSing). And you know what? It's a great snack for you & I and we're getting our daily fruit in our system. :) Ok I gotta run! You know how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment