Monday, January 21, 2013

Healthier lifestyle

My last post about eating is not intended to tell you what to do with your child. The point is to tell you that you know what works best for your child so follow your instincts. Some advice should be taken for grandma if you trust that what she says is right. What I mean by this is that my mom had suggested that if my daughter didn't want to eat then just let her be. When she's hungry she'll eat. Now of course I thought that my daughter was too skinny and she can't decide what she wants because mom and dad are the parents. Well my daughter after Thanksgiving began having some stomach issues (which to this day we aren't sure what it was/is) Because of the suffering she went through I had compassion for her and didn't force her to eat and totally changed her diet. I made sure that at least for one meal she would have veggies. If she wanted the fruit that came in a pouch, I would just cut some fresh fruit. And instead of snacking on bread, I gave her healthier options such as: organic raisins and organic cashews or an organic soy yogurt mixed with raw honey. If she wanted Mac n' Cheese, I'd added chopped up carrots or chopped up kale. At first she refused to eat it, so I would just hide in under the pasta or behind it when it was on the fork and fed it to her while she played or watched a cartoon. Then she got used to the mixed veggies now she doesn't mind (most of the time). If she won't eat it then, it'll stay until she's hungry. Eventually she'll get hungry enough to eat it.
Yes, I am a firm believer that organic is the best and should really be the only way to go, unless you really don't have another option. I do believe that many diseases out there are caused because of what we put in our bodies. Our bodies soak up the nutrients and chemicals in our foods. I also don't believe that its necessary to have so many chemicals in vaccines, but that's a different story for a different blog.
Now with my daughter's stomach problems, I started to do a lot of research and began to believe that maybe she had celiac disease or a gluten sensitivity. I wanted to put her on a gluten-free and casein-free diet. I did, but now the G.I. doctor suggested to do some blood work to see if she really has that problem. So presently she's on a "regular" diet because the blood work needs to have gluten in the blood to see the reactions.
There is so many natural/homeopathic remedies that truly work, but we aren't educated because the pharmas want to make money and make you and your kids costumers for life. That's why if you hear, for example, a commercial for an anti-depressant the side effects are suicidal thoughts. Really? Who in their right mind would want to take that pill then? If the medicine that is suppose to cure or help you with an issue, is actually causing another issue that will lead you back to the same problem why would you take it? No one tells these people that magnesium and vitamin D fight depression. Well they do and if you have depression you should eat  whole foods rich in these nutrients. With this flu "epidemic" pharmas must've been so happy. So many people buying over-the-counter medicine that truly doesn't cure anything and people getting the flu vaccine. I got the flu vaccine when my second child was born because I didn't do my "homework" and I was scared in getting my baby sick. Well it just goes to show that people were still getting the flu and elders were dying regards of the vaccine. So how effective is this injection? I'll let you answer that one. I wanted to say though that I cured my cold and my oldest daughter's cold naturally. In the morning, with our toast, I made a honey jam. Mix raw honey and cinnamon and spread it on toast. Delicious! For me, instead of coffee I boiled some water squeezed half a lemon added some ginger and a tiny dash of cayenne pepper and drank it! Boom two days I was cured!

No comments:

Post a Comment